When preparing for outdoor performances, there are some helpful tips you want to know as an attendee and as a performer. Read below to get the inside scoop.
- Plan to park in the grass lot across from the studio. Park parallel to South Street and leave space for parking lot lanes so others can drive to their spot.
- This is Casual. Dress comfortably and for the weather. We are hanging out together as a family (FMA family) and we don’t want you to feel like you have to over dress.
- Bring lawn chairs and lawn blankets. Our grass lot is a perfect place to set up your space, but you’ll want to bring your own seating.
- Feel free to bring snacks and drinks. Be responsible. There are trash cans inside the studio as well as trash cans for you to place your trash.
- Relax, this is a family atmosphere where we coming together to encourage you and lift you up. Everyone is different and we will enjoy your performance if you try your best and you are sincere.
- Prepare. If you are nervous, prepare the best you can. Usually if you work hard in your preparation you’ll be less nervous.
- Have fun. Performing is part of learning and it may not be perfect. That is okay. All of us will be imperfect on this day, even the teachers. We are in this together and we are here to have fun. Enjoy yourself and do your best.
- Dress comfortably. We will be taking pictures and video. If you are a budding superstar and your picture was in the paper, what attire would you want to have on to share with your fans? It is okay to bring a change of clothes if you want to change into something more comfortable after you perform.
- If you aren’t sure, just ask. We are here to help you and your teachers have been there before as well.
- Have fun! I know I already said that, but it is really important. : )